Memorable Quotes:

"A Bearnaise sauce is simply an egg yolk, a shallot, a little tarragon vinegar and butter, but it takes years of practice for the result to be perfect." Fernand Point

Monday, November 2, 2009

Bauducco’s Mrs "B's" Pasta Sauce

This is a recipe from a local Italian restaurant and bakery that closed a number of years ago. Located in Westlake Village, they had really good sandwiches and friesh pasta. A favorite was Mrs B’s pasta sauce. It was perfect with angle hair pasta. When I learned they were closing I asked if they would share the recipe. Although, they didn’t share the recipe they verbally went over how they make the sauce. I think it is close to the actual recipe.

Ingredients;
6-8 Fresh Italian Plum Tomatoes skin removed and copped fine
1 28oz can of whole peeled San Marzano tomatoes. Hand crush the tomatoes in the sauce.
1/3 to 1/2 cup of a good olive oil
8-10 cloves finely chopped garlic (I used a small processor)
Fresh Basil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes


Directions:
Peel the fresh Italian plum tomatoes and add to the crushed San Marzano tomatoes and the juices in the can. Add the olive oil; salt; black pepper; and red pepper flakes. Add hand torn basil leaves to the sauce then mix and refrigerate overnight. 

Use 3 to 4 cups of this sauce for 1 pound of cooked angle hair pasta. Toss the sauce with the pasta and add pasta water as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment