1/2 Bar of Fels Naphtha soap (grated)
1/2 cup of Arm & Hammer Washing Soda
1/4 cup of Borax
Optional: Downey Scent
1. Grate the 1/2 bar of Fels Naphtha with a cheese grater
2. Add grated soap to a medium sized sauce pan.
3. Add hot water to the soap and place over medium heat and mix until the mixture has completely melted.
4. Use an immersion blender to help make solution homogeneous
5. Add the mixture to a 5 gallon bucket and fill about half way with warm/hot water.
6. Rinse your sauce pan with soap into the bucket a few times to get all the soap into the 5 gallon bucket.
7. Add the Arm &Hammer, Borax and Downey Scent to the bucket then mix well with immersion blender.
8. Add additional warm water to the bucket to the 5 gallon line and mix either with a long handle spoon of the immersion blender.
Detergent can be put into 5 1 gallon bottles or left in gallon bucket if there is a lid for the bucket. If you leave in the bucket you should remix the solution prior to filling up your container that is used for doing the wash.