4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2/3 cup chicken broth
1 (4.4 oz) package spreadable herb cheese (such as Boursin)
1 shallot, minced
1 large clove of garlic, minced
1/2 lemon tested and juiced
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Brush chicken breasts with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper
2. Heat a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken breasts until opaque and no longer pink. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
3. To the same skillet, heat remaining olive oil and sauce shallot and garlic with basil, oregano and tarragon for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
4. Stir in herb cheese, broth, lemon juice and zest and whisk together until smooth, then sprinkle in flour and whisk until incorporated.
5. Cook for 5-10 minutes, or until sauce has thickened.
6. Return chicken to skillet and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until warmed through. Garnish with fresh herbs and serve hot.