Memorable Quotes:

"A Bearnaise sauce is simply an egg yolk, a shallot, a little tarragon vinegar and butter, but it takes years of practice for the result to be perfect." Fernand Point

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Chelsea's Pasta Sauce

Background: I threw this together one night to make a quick sauce for my daughter. I don't measure anything but will give approximate measurements. This has become one of her favorite dishes.

Ingredients:

14 oz can of chopped tomatoes with sauce. You can use any brand and I often use chopped tomatoes with added Italian seasoning. I have even substituted a 14 oz can of stewed tomatoes when that was all I had.

Olive oil (1/4 cup)
Sugar (1 tablespoon)
Salt ( 1 teaspoon)
Burgundy (1/2 cup)
Garlic (3-4 cloves) sliced
Italian seasonings (dry) (1 teaspoon)

Directions:

Drizzle olive oil into a sauce pan and heat over medium heat.
Slice garlic and add to olive oil. Simmer for a minute or so.
Open can of tomatoes and add to the sauce pan.
Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.

Serve with bow tie pasta (Chelsea's favorite)

No comments:

Post a Comment