Recipe curtesy of Guy Fieri (foodnetwork.com)
- 4 (5-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup blackening spice (recommended: Paul Prudhomme's Chicken)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup roughly chopped marinated sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound cooked fettuccine
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Dredge the chicken breasts in the blackening spice and place in a cast iron skillet over very high heat. Blacken both sides of the chicken and place in the oven for 10 minutes, or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Slice in strips on the bias and set aside.
In a saute pan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil. Add garlic and lightly caramelize. Then add the sun-dried tomatoes and the chicken slices. Deglaze the pan with the white wine. Add the heavy cream, increase the heat to a simmer, and reduce the cream sauce by half.
When the cream sauce is to desired consistency, stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan, salt, pepper, and pasta.
Nest the pasta on large rimmed plates, pour sauce over pasta, and garnish with scallions and the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan.
Blackening Spice Rub:
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
Combine the garlic, black pepper, salt cumin, onion, cayenne pepper, Italian seasoning, paprika and chili powder in a small bowl. Store in an airtight container.