- 4 grilled red bell peppers, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves roasted garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chipotle puree
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup canola oil or olive oil
Combine peppers, onion, garlic, vinegar, honey, mustard, chipotle and salt and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add the oil and blend until emulsified. Strain sauce into a bowl.
Cook's Note: This classic sauce is great on grilled veggies, chicken, fish and steak.